The world is a dangerous place. There are so many threats to your safety, from kidnappers and muggers to home-invading burglars. When you go out for a walk alone, you might be in for a harrowing experience. That’s why we’ve put together this list of tips on ways that you can protect yourself when walking alone by yourself in public places.
Now will be talking about Safety and security. While walking we must keep in mind safety priority first.
This safety priority can only save us from any kind of fatal injuries while walking or running.
So now the time is for Safety tips for walking more than 2-3 miles.
Before you go walking, consider these safety tips.
There are a few health–related walking tips presented below in case an unexpected hazard occurs, but in general, walking is regarded as a safe exercise that is recognized by many specialists’ doctors.
You should take all the necessary precautions before you begin walking. You should take all the necessary precautions before you begin walking. For example, make sure that you have a well-fitting pair of shoes to avoid any kind of damage or injuries.
You must also carry with you an extra pair if it’s raining or snowing outside. Have with you a bottle of water and a bandana at all times if it’s hot or cold outside. And lastly, fill your bag with some healthy snacks and/or munchies so you can avoid getting hungry while walking.
It is also essential to have a cell phone with you in case of an emergency. A working cell phone is always a good companion if the situation turns bad. Once you prepare yourself with all the necessary things, it’s time to walk!
If you’re in a foreign environment and spot an area on your map that looks interesting, it’s okay to go ahead and explore. Make sure not to stray too far from your route though; as getting lost can be trouble. The most important thing is if you’re lost, don’t panic but rather stay calm. Try asking someone for directions or call someone on your cell phone for help. Now here few safety tips which you must keep in mind…
Just follow them and remember…..
How can you stay safe while walking on the road?
01. If you are suffering from a disease such as a heart attack, you should consult your doctor before engaging in physical exercise.
02. It is important to warm up your body properly if you haven’t exercised in a long time. Cooling down is also necessary if you haven’t exercised in a long time.
03. Consider a landscape without hills or slopes that suit your age and fitness level, especially if you are over 49 years old.
04. You should drink plenty of water before you start your walk as well as after you finish, it will help you to keep hydrated. A water bottle can be helpful if you’re walking a long distance. It will help you overcome thirst and stress.
05. Do not wear shoes that are too tight because it may result in an ankle injury. Wear comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear to prevent blisters and shin splints. You must keep protecting your ankle, and always wear shocks while using sneakers.
06. Avoid walking barefoot on hard surfaces like concrete or cement because it will cause you a fracture on your foot and you may get blisters. Wear socks to protect it from such injuries.
07. Inspect yourself before you start your walk so that you will avoid unexpected injuries and illnesses where the risk is high like heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and high blood pressure.
08. Always carry a water bottle with you and do not forget to remind yourself to drink water if your mind is wandering because it helps to reduce dehydration
09. Always wear a safety harness that will protect you from falling on the way, especially when you walk with elderly people or children, and avoid doing so because it could cause injuries to them.
10. Keep a watchful eye on your walker’s distance from the curb or edge of the sidewalk. Since pedestrians have priority, do not walk in front of them as some of these walkers may suddenly step off the sidewalk, thus causing an accident that could cause serious injuries or death which could be prevented by wearing safety footwear.
11. Walk at a reasonable pace to avoid accident hazards because walkers who move very slowly are at high risk of being hit by vehicles.
12. If there are many people walking, walk to the side so that you will not get in the way with them and cause an accident.
13. Give way to cars if you find one coming by because cars may suddenly turn left or right and you could get a hit from it, especially if the driver is distracted or is talking over his phone.
14. Avoid going near trucks or buses because these vehicles could suddenly stop and cause an accident for pedestrians and injuries them.
15. Do not wear tight clothing like shorts to avoid getting scratches and cuts on your skin. Wear appropriate footwear that is comfortable and has a good grip like sneaks and jandals.
16. If you are walking in a park, keep a look out for wild animals that could hurt you such as dogs, vipers, and snakes because these animals have been known to attack humans by biting them. Be careful of them when you are walking near or in a park.
17. Do not carry a sharp object in your hand when you are walking because it could cause you an injury if you run into someone accidentally
18. Walk on the right side of the road and not in the middle so that accidents can be prevented with vehicles. It also helps drivers to move more easily and avoid accidents.
19. If there is a school bus, wait for it to stop completely before crossing because it is a slow-moving vehicle and children may be running in front of it causing accidents.
20. Do not use the street as a bathroom or toilet because there are public toilets at every corner in town which is clean and comfortable for use.
21. If you are walking at night, wear reflective clothing that will help you to avoid an accident as well as help others to see you. Also, carry a flashlight with you to avoid falling on the street if the street light is not working.
22. If someone is approaching from your right side and there is a possibility that they may crash into you, move away and prevent the accident by giving way to them.
23. If possible, avoid crossing the street when there are lots of vehicles coming toward you because it is too dangerous and you may cause an accident.
24. Sometimes, motorists may motion you to cross the street and they can do this by turning on their turn signal which means that it is safe for you to cross the street. If this does not happen, it might be a trick by some motorists to make pedestrians run across because if there is no turning signal given out, motorists have no choice but to wait until the pedestrian has finished crossing the street.
25. Keep a look out for turning motorcycles or cars so that accidents would not happen suddenly because if these accidents happen, they could cause serious injuries for both pedestrians and drivers.
That’s all about this article…
It would be our pleasure to have you join us and read this. Feel free to share your thought in the comment box below if you have anything in your mind.
Thanks For reading this complete article! Thanks Once Again!