Joaquin Phoenix Weight Loss: Joaquin’s Weight Loss Journey is the highlighted part alongside his professional life. He is an American actor, environmentalist, and producer born on October 28, 1974, in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Phoenix is currently 46 years old as of 2021. He holds an American nationality, and his birth sign is Scorpio. He was born in the family of John Lee Bottom (Father) and Arlyn “Heart” Bottom (Mother). Both of his parents were professionals. Joaquin’s mother was a secretary at The National Broadcasting Company, and his father was the founder of Landscape Gardening Company. He is the third among five children, River Jude Phoenix, Rain Joan of Arc Phoenix, Liberty Mariposa Phoenix, and Summer Joy Phoenix. Joaquin also has a half-sister from his father’s past relationship.
He started his acting career with his sister Summer and brother River. Joaquin made his big-screen debut with the film SpaceCamp, in 1986. He has played a variety of eccentric roles in films. He has won numerous awards, including a Grammy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, an Academy Award, and a British Academy Film Award. Joaquin’s Weight Loss Journey was also the highlighted part along with his professional life.
Scroll below to read details about Joaquin Phoenix Weight Loss Diet, Surgery, Photos, Work Out, Daily routines, the story behind weight loss, and more.
Why Did Joaquin Phoenix Lose His Body Weight?
The Story Behind Weight Loss: As Joker, Joaquin Phoenix’s performance was loved worldwide, but it came at a cost to the actor. Losing too much weight for a short period affected physically and mentally as well. Severe weight loss may have caused Joaquin to develop a condition in which his obsession with food and weight grew uncontrollable.
In July 2018, Joaquin signed a project set to begin after two months in the same year, which gave him only a few months to reduce 55 pounds. But it takes almost one year to reduce body weight naturally. Joaquin managed to lose his body weight of 55 pounds approximately.
Also Recommended: Celine Deon Weight Loss
Joaquin Phoenix Weight Loss Journey
The Weight Loss process is a challenging task. Joaquin’s weight was approximately 180 pounds, which was precisely not a heavyweight. On the other hand, the film director wanted him to weigh around 125 pounds within few months. The director gave him the expertise of a nutritionist who can help him achieve a slim physique to play Arthur’s role. But Joaquin turned down his director’s offer and chose to reduce weight on his own.
Joaquin Phoenix Weight Loss Diet
Weight Loss Diet for Phoenix proved to be a really challenging issue. For some roles, actors are required to gain or lose weight. The difficulty arises when they have to lose weight in a short period of time. Joaquin was urged to lose his weight up to 55 pounds to fit for the character. He was substantially reducing his calorie intake. Throughout his diet, Joaquin has restricted himself to a few hundred calories each day.
Joaquin Phoenix Weight Loss Diet Plans: Phoenix preferred green vegetables and fresh fruits. He used a variety of vitamin and mineral supplements comprised his daily meal. He has not included any animal products or meat.
Also Recommended: Kevin James Weight Loss
Before and After Weight Loss
Anyone who has watched Joker or has been following Joaquin Phoenix for a long time will be able to see how significantly his body has changed! Before losing weight, his body weight was around 180 pounds. For the Joker role, Joaquin reduced his weight to around 55 pounds in a quick time. He did it very safely and tried to do everything properly.
Phoenix has never gone through any weight loss surgery. As soon as the shoot was over, his goal was to regain the weight he lost throughout the shoot. Joaquin was able to regain his lost weight by eating healthily and taking nutritional supplements under the supervision of a doctor. His bodyweight is currently around 180 pounds.
Also Recommended: Honey Boo Boo Weight Loss
Some Secrets Behind The Weight Loss
Is weight loss just a matter of willpower? No, it’s not! Sometimes, minor modifications are all that’s needed to make a big shift. You won’t need severe diets or medications to achieve your weight loss goals if you know these techniques. To boost up your metabolism, follow these easy-to-follow instructions.
- You may increase your metabolism by eating fruits and vegetables. These healthy foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which boost your body’s temperature. It means you’ll feel full and satisfied since fiber slows the digestive process. The more veggies you eat, the better.
- Try to fill at least half of your plate with veggies at each meal; this will help you lose weight without struggling too hard.
- Avoid junk food: Junk foods are loaded with calories that are not good for the metabolism. Avoid them at least three times a week, and the weight will surely melt away. Make an effort to eat as many nutritious foods as possible.
- Maintain a balanced diet: It ensures that there is no surplus or lack of calories in your body that can affect your metabolic rate so that excess or fewer calories burned remains.
- Do not eat right before bed: Eating right before going to sleep is one of the worse things you can do for your metabolism. The digestive system slows down at night, so food takes a longer time to digest, which can cause weight gain and problems such as bloating and indigestion. If you must eat before bed, try a fruit or cereal bowl containing low-fat milk or skim milk.
Also Recommended: Kirsten Vangsness Weight Loss
Some More Weight Loss Tips
- Taking a hot bath before bed is a great way to relax after a long day. Hot water releases endorphins that will help you sleep well at night, boosting your metabolic rate for burning fat.
- Regular exercise gives more energy and allows the body to burn calories while working out. If you exercise vigorously, which is not easy at first, your body needs less food to function properly and achieve your desired results. Also, the more active you are, the more food cravings you have.
- Too much alcohol can affect your diet by increasing your appetite and slowing down your metabolism, making it much harder to lose weight.
- If you don’t get enough sleep at night, fatigue and tiredness will make it hard to exercise regularly, which is necessary for weight loss.
- Getting enough sleep will also help the body recover, fight disease and work better during the day to burn calories.
Some Facts About Joaquin Phoenix
- Joaquin made his film debut in 1986 with an American adventure film SpaceCamp.
- His birth name is Joaquin Rafael Bottom.
- In the animal rights movement, Joaquin is regarded as one of the most active celebrities in the field.
- His Instagram profile @joaquinphoenix, she has amassed over 229k.
- Joaquin dated an American actress Liv Tyler from 1995 to 1998.
- He met with an actress Rooney Mara in 2012. Both were worked together in an American film ”Her”. Later, they romantically involved with each other and got engaged in July 2019. They has a son, River.
Also Recommended: Rebel Wilson Weight Loss 2021